Monday, April 8, 2013

Positive Affirmation - Let Go Of Bitterness And Forgive



Search your heart for feelings of injustice and unfairness that you feel have been inflicted upon you and let them go. You are free.  ~Louise L. Hay

I love this quote from Louise Hay … and below is a wonderful article from the dailyom.  Reading and pondering all of these things make me feel better and that somehow someway things are getting better … one moment at a time. 
It is natural to feel resentment or anger when life does not unfold as expected. We consciously or unconsciously anticipated one experience, and we grieve for the loss of it when the universe puts something else in our path. Most of the time, we work through these feelings and they pass. Occasionally, our anger and resentment do not fade and are instead transformed into bitterness. Bitter feelings allow us to become perfect victims in that we no longer feel obliged to work toward healing and choose instead to identify with our pain. Yet as unwholesome as bitterness can be, it is also a natural element of our emotional palette. When we acknowledge that it is okay to feel bitter, we reconnect with our hurt in a constructive way and can begin the process of working through it.

The nature of bitterness is rooted in the fact that the pain we feel provides us with a rationale. We may feel that we deserve to embrace our bitterness to its full extent. And to be bitter is, in essence, to cut ourselves off from all that is positive, hardening our hearts and vowing never to let go of our hurt. But just as bitter feelings can be self-defeating, so too can the release of bitterness be life-affirming in a way that few other emotional experiences are. When we decide that we no longer want to be bitter, we are reborn into a world filled with delight and fulfillment unlike any we knew while in the clutches of bitterness. The veil it cast over our lives is lifted, letting light and warmth touch our souls.

Divesting yourself of bitter feelings can be as simple as truly forgiving and moving on. Even when your bitterness has no concrete object, you can forgive situations too. Healing pain can be challenging but may be easier if you remind yourself that you are the only entity truly affected by your emotional state. In time, you will discover that letting go of your bitterness frees you to initiate the healing process and allows you to once again celebrate the possibility of the more wonderful life you deserve.  ~dailyom.com

Let Go Of All Your Bitterness and See The World Transform Before Your Very Eyes ... Love and Light to ALL !

10 comments:

CraveCute said...

Wonderful post Jan! Have a deLightful day!

elettrarossa said...

Love it, and love the great reasoning. Thank you!
Have a nice day, Elettra

Magic Love Crow said...

I truly love this post and I thank you for putting it up my friend ;o) You have spoken to me today! I am writing down some of what you wrote, in my special book, so it will always be with me! Many blessings ;o)

MandaBurms FarmStay for Cats. said...

Thank you - I needed this today. Slowly come out of the disappointment.
Love Leanne

Victoria said...

Jan, I love the quote and the article, thank you for posting them. I have found that carrying around bitterness and anger only weighs me down and, though it may take a while to work through those feelings, once I let them go I feel so much better.

Blessings to you and yours dear friend,

Victoria

earthen-magic said...

...greetings dear heart! ~ sending big bubble blossoms to thee! ~ blessed be!...(0:

ArtSings1946 said...

Thanks everybody for your heartwarming comments. And thanks Earthenmagic for the bubble blossoms ... it's funny, I so need them right now ... how did you know?

Happiness to all!

Introverted Art said...

I am glad I stopped by today. I needed it. Affirmation to let go of perfectionism.

Terri said...

Beautiful post, I enjoyed reading it! I appreciate your thoughts on bitterness and letting go. I love Louise as well, and enjoy her positivity.
Yay!
Hugs,
Terri

sharonssunlitmemories said...

This is a beautiful post Jan. It is something I'll come back and read again. Very wise words.