Sunday, April 1, 2012

APRIL - What a wonderful Month ! Happy April Fools Day !




Isn’t this just a gorgeous poem ... I love this and I hope you enjoy it also.  I don’t know, reading poetry like this, well it just makes our hearts sing.  

An April Day
When the warm sun, that brings
Seed-time and harvest, has returned again,
'T is sweet to visit the still wood, where springs
The first flower of the plain.

I love the season well,
When forest glades are teeming with bright forms,
Nor dark and many-folded clouds foretell
The coming-on of storms.

From the earth's loosened mould
The sapling draws its sustenance, and thrives;
Though stricken to the heart with winter's cold,
The drooping tree revives.

The softly-warbled song
Comes from the pleasant woods, and colored wings
Glance quick in the bright sun, that moves along
The forest openings.

When the bright sunset fills
The silver woods with light, the green slope throws
Its shadows in the hollows of the hills,
And wide the upland glows.

And when the eve is born,
In the blue lake the sky, o'er-reaching far,
Is hollowed out and the moon dips her horn,
And twinkles many a star.

Inverted in the tide
Stand the gray rocks, and trembling shadows throw,
And the fair trees look over, side by side,
And see themselves below.

Sweet April! many a thought
Is wedded unto thee, as hearts are wed;
Nor shall they fail, till, to its autumn brought,
Life's golden fruit is shed.
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
                                                                                                     
May Your April Be Filled With Vibrant and Colorful Happenings !

11 comments:

elettrarossa said...

Thank you , I really enjoyed it :D

Lady Caer Morganna said...

This so just lovely! Thanks so much for the up-lifting post!

Happy April to you and yours,

Blessings ~ Kim

ArtSings1946 said...

Thanks, Kim, you know I really appreciate all your comments and that you take the time to do it.

Elettrarossa, thanks to you also for your comments. Glad you enjoyed it.

Happiness and Peace to ALL !

Connie said...

Good morning Kim, and welcome April. Tomorrow will be my husband and I's 36 anniversary, so this time of year is very special to us. Thanks for deciding to follow my blog. Your new blogging friend, Connie :) HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

ArtSings1946 said...

Hi Connie, just to let you know my name isn't Kim. She is a dear friend and follower. I'm just plain ArtSings. Thanks for the comments kiddo.

Happiness to you.

Magic Love Crow said...

This is so pretty ;o) Happy April Fools Day ;o)

ArtSings1946 said...

Thank you sweet Stacy. I was hoping you would like this.

Hugs and Happiness to you.

Unknown said...

simply wonderful, I think I need to plan a trip to the woods soon

~Mo
www.mokekumileicreations.com

ArtSings1946 said...

Thanks Mo ... hope you have a happy trip to the forest.

Love and Light to all.

Lori Saul said...

Beautiful words to begin this most Springtime month- happiness to you!!

Lori

ArtSings1946 said...

Thanks Lori for your comments. Right now my daughter and I are living very isolated lives and blogging has helped me stay in touch with people ... people of a like mind, good and kind ... like you and all my followers.

Hugs and Happiness to you.