Monday, October 1, 2012

Arlo - Our Lover Boy Kitty Cat

Well what do you think???  Isn’t he something else … I can’t put into words how much my daughter and I love our Arlo.  We were a bit worried about him a few weeks ago but he’s all better now.  Every day is a gift .. a gift of all those around us which most certainly includes our furry family members.
The Naming Of Cats by T. S. Eliot
The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter,
It isn't just one of your holiday games;
You may think at first I'm as mad as a hatter
When I tell you, a cat must have THREE DIFFERENT NAMES.
First of all, there's the name that the family use daily,
Such as Peter, Augustus, Alonzo or James,
Such as Victor or Jonathan, George or Bill Bailey--
All of them sensible everyday names.
There are fancier names if you think they sound sweeter,
Some for the gentlemen, some for the dames:
Such as Plato, Admetus, Electra, Demeter--
But all of them sensible everyday names.
But I tell you, a cat needs a name that's particular,
A name that's peculiar, and more dignified,
Else how can he keep up his tail perpendicular,
Or spread out his whiskers, or cherish his pride?
Of names of this kind, I can give you a quorum,
Such as Munkustrap, Quaxo, or Coricopat,
Such as Bombalurina, or else Jellylorum-
Names that never belong to more than one cat.
But above and beyond there's still one name left over,
And that is the name that you never will guess;
The name that no human research can discover--
But THE CAT HIMSELF KNOWS, and will never confess.
When you notice a cat in profound meditation,
The reason, I tell you, is always the same:
His mind is engaged in a rapt contemplation
Of the thought, of the thought, of the thought of his name:
His ineffable effable
Effanineffable
Deep and inscrutable singular Name. 
May Your Day Be Purrr-fect In Every Way
Remember … Kindness Is Contageous



15 comments:

Introverted Art said...

Arlo not only looks better but he seems to be "stylin'" as well. Look at that pose!!!! That's what I call poise ;-)

Victoria said...

AWww..what an absolute sweety pie!! Adorable picture! and yay..what a fun article..I so enjoyed that.I am smiling! Thanks for adding sparkles to my day!!Hugs
Victoria

Magic Love Crow said...

I love Arlo!!! You should have an Arlo fan page Jan! So adorable! I love his poise! And, I love the poem! Have a happy day! Thanks for the smile ;o)

Unknown said...

What an adorable kitty! I am glad he is doing well, I wanted to stop by and thank you for your kind words on my posts.

Thanks

Mo

CraveCute said...

He is so handsome! What a gorgeous coat he has! Wonderful post! I love his wonderful name too!

sharonssunlitmemories said...

He is beautiful!

elettrarossa said...

...I love your cat! And the poem, so clever! Have a nice day, Elettra

Anonymous said...

Arlo is a handsome fellow indeed and I am so happy that he is feeling better. Thank you for sharing that sweet poem. I loved it. Hugs, Mina

Introverted Art said...

I also have issues with co-dependency big time and like you, apologized wayyyyyy too much. I am getting much better and saying no now and setting bounderies. It is a struggle but once you get the hang of it, it becomes easier.

ArtSings1946 said...

I just want to thank all your cherubs for your beautiful comments.

Love always,
Jan

ArtSings1946 said...

Thanks for your insight, Ana, the first step is get out of denial and recognize the co-dependency don't you think? I'm still working every day on the positive thinking and energy and I also do this for my daughter, since she just not able to do this for herself right now. I have to have Faith that all will be well for her and I know that I can help with sending those positive thoughts her way.

Love always,
Jan

Unknown said...

He is so cute and yes every day is a gift - for sure!!!

Victoria said...

Arlo is adorable! I'm so very happy that he is better...give him a kiss from me!

Blessings to you and those you love

Victoria from Brushstrokes

Nichole said...

So cute! That's a great pose.

Karolina said...

lovely kitty! I don't know You blogging, great to see You:)