Monday, February 13, 2012

Fairy Queen - Inspires and Guides

Greetings all who come in Peace and Compassion.  Below is my Fairy Queen Plaque Altered Art Piece that is available at my Etsy Shop.  She has a "vintage" feel to her and there is a fairy poem on the back so you can use this as a plaque or an "ornament". 


 Many a time I have pondered about the Fairy Queen.  From early childhood, through the years until the present moment.  Mysterious and marvelous is she … real to me and existing in my heart and soul.  She can be found somewhere on this earthy plane, not to be seen by most.  Still, a favored few can see her if only from afar.  

 I will be coming back to write of her from time to time.  Below is a marvelous poem by Kipling.  It just sings to my heart.  I hope it does for you as well. 

I have a thousand men," said he,
"To wait upon my will;
And towers nine upon the Tyne,
And three upon the Till."
"And what care I for your men? " said she,
"Or towers from Tyne to Till?
Still you must go with me," said she,
"To wait upon my will.
And you may lead a thousand men
Nor ever draw the rein,
But before you lead the Fairy Queen
'Twill burst your heart in twain."
He has slipped his foot from the stirrup-bar,
The bridle from his hand,
And he is bound by hand and foot
To the Queen of Fairy Land.
~Rudyard Kipling~

Magical Enchantments to All !



25 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

Your Fairy Queen Plaque is beautiful! Well done ;o) And, I love the poem! Have a great day ;o)

Lady Caer Morganna said...

Love the Fairy Queen plaque! Just lovely! And the poem is perfect!

Blessings, my friend ~

Kim

Anonymous said...

very sweet piece...
happy, happy valentine's day!
xoxo

Kristin said...

Beautiful and elegant! xo

ArtSings1946 said...

Thank you Stacy and Kim, I always love to read your comments.

Love and Light and All The Good Stuff

ArtSings1946 said...

Oh, thank you so much EdenClare and Kristin for your comments. They are always fabulously appreciated.

Happiness and Fun to ALL !

Carolina Grönholm said...

That's a really beautiful art piece! Very sweet!

ArtSings1946 said...

Carolina, thanks so much for your encouraging comment. I really appreciate it.

Love and Happiness to all.

Victoria said...

Your Faerie Queen plaque is gorgeous! And, I love the poem by Kipling.

Thank you for becoming a follower of my blog...I just followed you back. :)

Blessings,

Victoria

The Italian Grandmama said...

Hi! I love fairies! Stopping by from Madcap! Angela's Artistic Designs.

Megan Petersen said...

Such a beautiful piece! Truly enchanting!

Diane ~ said...

beautiful blog, beautiful art work & poem! :)

ArtSings1946 said...

Thank you Diane, Megan, Victoria and Angel9 for all your kind and positive comments ... and for following me also. I really appreciate all the comments and welcome warmly all my new followers.

Love and Light to ALL !

Kristin said...

Thank you! And I hope you had a great Valentine's too! xo

the real mia said...

I love the fairy queen hanging piece with it's beads and hearts. Beautiful!

ArtSings1946 said...

Thank you Mia and Kristin ... I really appreciate all my followers and their comments.

Happiness to all.

Unknown said...

Fabulous piece!!

Joy Light Designer said...

Thank you for this touching tribute to the Fairy Queen, the poem reminded me of that which lives in my own heart & soul xxx Joyflower

joysilk.blogspot.com

ArtSings1946 said...

Pumpkin and Joy,thanks so much for your comments. They made my day.

Happiness and Peace to all.

Unknown said...

Very very romantic!

Wicked Faerie Queen said...

What a beautiful piece. Thanks so much for becoming my 200th. follower. I just joined you and I am your 60th. I am on my way to visit your lovely shop.

Have a lovely day
Sue

Linda said...

Amazing work and beautiful poem!
Love your blog, it's really magical place!Thank you!

ArtSings1946 said...

WickedFaerie, thanks so much for your comments. For some reason you didn't get added as a follower. I didn't notice I was the 200 follower for your blog ... let's hope that's a lucky omen for the both of us. I'll be checking your blog out as much as I can.

Love and Light to all.

ArtSings1946 said...

Linda, thanks ever so much for your comments. I reall appreciate them.

Happiness to all.

Unknown said...

The plaque and the poem fit well together. Nice job! I love poetry and feel it is really under-appreciated these days.