Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Birdsong - PBS Masterpiece 2 part series and Book

I watched this two part PBS Masterpiece series and was enthralled ... it was so beautifully done and the acting was fabulous ... bringing WWI to my eyes, it brought me to tears and what a love story.  And, I have to say, I'm not much for that anymore because of my life experiences ... but this brought back hope for romantic love, that perhaps it might just still exist in the world.  I have linked the picture to the PBS page for you to read more about this.  LOVED THIS SO MUCH !




 
I will most likely try to get this from our local library, but you can purchase this from Amazon if you care to.  I like to support our libraries and it doesn't cost anything.  Sometimes it's nice to acquire a book for your own personal library. 
 

May your Day Be Filled With Wonder And Light - Always

3 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

Thanks so much for sharing ;o)

Victoria said...

I came here a couple of hours ago and immediately went to www.pbs.org where I watched it online. OMG, what a beautiful story. It made me cry, too. This was written by the same man who wrote 'Charlotte Grey,' which was made into an excellent movie starring Cate Blanchett. Have you seen it? It's very good, too, but not as moving as this movie. I think I went through a half a box of Kleenex. Thank you for posting this, because I missed it when it was on television.

Blessings,

Victoria

ArtSings1946 said...

Thanks Stacy for your comment.

I'm so glad Victoria that you got to see this and like it the same way that I did. I'll have to look up Charlotte Grey. Cate Blanchett is one of my very favorite actresses. I'm not a celebrity person though ... to me everyone is a celebrity and I see the world as such.

Love and Light to you both.