Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Teachers Are Magical !

I created this Fairy especially for a teacher that I had the privilege of getting her name in a gift exchange. Although we have never “met” I knew she was a teacher, and one who was grateful for her job since she was laid off as a regular teacher and was happy to get a job teaching migrant workers. How wonderful she is, and how lucky to have such a meaningful job. So I have offered this fairy with embellishments at my Etsy store. She is my Teachers Are Magical Fairy … and they are, aren’t they … at least the good ones are. I know there are not so good teachers, but how can we expect to have all excellent ones when they are so underpaid and disrespected by the general population. I do know that everyone has had a magical teacher sometime in their life … so I hope this brings back memories for you. Good ones, that is.


" I am not a teacher, but an awakener" ~Robert Frost

There is no job more important than yours,
no job anywhere else in the land.
You are the keepers of the future;
you hold the smallest of hands.


Into your care you are trusted
to nurture and care for the young,
and for all of your everyday heroics,
your talents and skills go unsung.

You wipe tears from the eyes of the injured.
You rock babies brand new in your arms.
You encourage the shy and unsure child.
You make sure they are safe from all harm.

You foster the bonds of friendships,
letting no child go away mad.
You respect and you honor their emotions.
You give hugs to each child when they're sad.

You have more impact than does a professor,
a child's mind is molded by four;
so whatever you lay on the table
is whatever the child will explore.

Give each child the tools for adventure,
let them be artists and writers and more;
let them fly on the wind and dance on the stars
and build castles of sand on the shore.

It is true that you don't make much money
and you don't get a whole lot of praise,
but when one small child says "I love you",
you're reminded of how this job pays.
~author unknown~

I’ve had two teachers that I can remember that have inspired and enriched my life. They were both High School teachers. One was a history teacher and the other an English teacher. One made history come alive and I’ve enjoyed history books and movies and documentaries since and the other gave me Shakespeare. She made his works comes alive in the classroom … all of us, and I mean all, became enthralled with him. So, I love all of his works, simply fabulous. How much we lost. Think about how everybody talked back then … we are like baboons compared to them, me included. I see how clumsy I express myself with our present day English and I’m embarrassed. But, I do carry on as we all must.

Peace, Happiness, Compassion and Abundance to ALL !

7 comments:

Witchy said...

Fantastic post! Teachers are great and probably the most influencial on how we look at the world than anyone else. Love and light to you as well and Artsings please e-mail me. I need your opinion on something and I also replied to your other e-mail.

mxtodis123 said...

Great post. I have one teacher who will forever be in my heart...Mr. Ferguson, my 6th grade teacher. He was such a special man who made a shy little girl who was taunted by schoolmates feel that she was special.
Mary

Magic Love Crow said...

I think I had three very special teachers in high school and one very special one in public school. The good ones, do impact your life and you will never forget them! Great post ;o) Oh, just to let you know, I am Polish and Ukrainian ;o) Take Care ;o)

Unknown said...

What a sweet and lovely gift! You are so right -- teachers are sadly under appreciated these days. How nice that you were able to balance that out a bit, by letting this teacher know that she is valued.

ArtSings1946 said...

Thank you all so much for the positive comments. I'm happy that this post brought back some good memories.

Happiness, Compassion and Abundance to ALL !

Lisabella Russo said...

My mother is a teacher at a low income school, she is easily the most dedicated person I know in how she is with her students. Although I am long grown, I continue to learn from her. What a lovely post and poem, I look forward to sharing it with her. Thank you.

ArtSings1946 said...

Lisa, thank you so much for your beautiful comment. Thank your mom for me for her service to the world's well-being. This has made my day.
Peace and Happiness Always,