Monday, October 3, 2011

Kyanite - A Positive Energy Stone - Myth, Lore and Information












Kyanite is one of my very favorite stones. One of the biggest reasons is that is doesn’t need to be cleansed … it doesn’t hold any negative energy. I still place it in the sun or full moon from time to time, just to give it a treat. Yes, yes, I know, but I do believe everything and I mean everything has consciousness … it’s just different from ours. Belief in the supernatural properties of precious stones goes back beyond recorded history. But, as I have said many times before, that’s what I believe and feel … I am not nor do not expect anybody to do the same. Everyone is on their own journey.

I have a couple of these fabulous stones, and when I do meditate I hold one in my hand or place it on my forehead. Below is some information I have gathered on this stone through the years. You don’t have to believe in this stuff … but if you do, I hope this helps … and if you don’t, have fun anyway. And, please feel free to comment with any other information you may have on these magical stones.

Kyanite, whose name derives from the Greek word kuanos sometimes referred to as "kyanos", meaning deep blue, is a typically blue silicate mineral, commonly found in aluminium-rich metamorphic pegmatites and/or sedimentary rock.

It is one of only two stones that never need cleansing or clearing. It is useful for improving mental and physic awareness, and is excellent for meditation and dream recall. It can also help to ground excess energy instantly. Kyanite can help the holder to connect with their guides. Kyanite aligns all chakras automatically and immediately.

Blue Kyanite is excellent for use specifically on the third-eye chakra. If you choose to sleep with blue kyanite, the process of lucid dreaming will be greatly stimulated. Some say Archangel Michael’s sword is made of a blade of kyanite. The sword cuts to the heart of the truth. Since Michael has been watching over and protecting me for some time now, perhaps that’s why I am so attracted to this stone.

A bridge between mind and matter, Kyanite is a powerful stone of manifestation toward reaching your hopes, dreams and desires. If you have difficulty in sitting still, your mind drifting to you current worries, or being distracted while meditating, Kyanite is one of the best stones to use. Its ability to calm and quiet the chattering, busy mind and enhance meditation is unequaled.

5 comments:

Witchy said...

Just amazing! I really do need my mind to be calmed and less busy. I will keep this crystal in mind. I love rose quartz and amethyst (which is my birthstone). Thank you so much for the info!

Magic Love Crow said...

I love this post! I have many stones and meditate with them all. I didn't know that this stone doesn't hold negative energy, very interesting! Have a great day!

ArtSings1946 said...

I'm so glad you both found this post helpful. I just love the energy and magic of stones and crystals in general. I have done quite a bit of research and also used my intuition on this subject. Kyanite is a fabulous stone and I'll be posting on another stone that doesn't hold negative energy, thus it doesn't need cleansing. Amethyst is my favorite also Witchy, I keep a piece of this stone close to my heart and I have another piece that spoke to me that I hold when I meditate or I'm upset. But, I must say I love all of them. Thanks Magic Love Crow for your kind words, and I love your blog and art. You are on my favorites list at etsy. Happiness and Abundance to ALL !
ArtSings

Witchy said...

I do love stones and crystals. I'm looking forward to your next post.

Lady Caer Morganna said...

Excellent! I also am drawn to gemstones ~ of all kinds sctually. My birthstone is Amethyst and it has always been my favorite.

I also love Amber, although I know that it isn't really a stone at all!! ;) They come in beautiful colors of yellow, green and orangish.

Blessings to you,

Kim