Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Fairy Moon Days - Oberon's Feast


Greetings all lovers of the Fairy Folk.  Below are some Fairy Lore/Mythology or facts.  All that depends on what your beliefs are.  Me, I’m a fairy Believer and Friend of the Fae … but everyone follows their own path.  All lead to the same place LOVE.  I know I’ve said this many times before, but it doesn’t hurt to repeat tolerance of everyone’s way every now and then.


  Faerie Moon Days

Faerie Moons begin with the first Full Moon after the Winter Solstice.
Birch Moon: Moon of Inception and Beginning.
Rowan Moon: Moon of Vision, Spirit Moon, Astral Travel Moon.
Ash Moon: Moon of Waters.
Alder Moon: Moon of Utility, Efficacy, and Self-Guidance.
Willow Moon: The Witches' Moon, Moon of Balance.
Hawthorn Moon: Moon of Restraint and Hindrance, Summer Moon.
Oak Moon: Faerie Moon, Moon of Strength and Security, Bear Moon.
Holly Moon: Moon of Encirclement, Moon of Polarity.
Hazel Moon: Moon of the Wise, Crone Moon.
Vine Moon: Moon of Celebration. Ivy Moon: Moon of Buoyancy and Resilience.
Reed Moon: Moon of the Home, Hearth Moon, Winter Moon, Truth Moon.
Elder Moon: Moon of Completeness



To thee the fairy state
I with discretion dedicate;
Because thou prizest things that are
Curious and unfamiliar" 
               Oberon's Feast  – Robbert Herrick               


May your days be fillled with Wonder and Delight Always !



13 comments:

Lisabella Russo said...

I love all of the faerie facts, thank you so much for sharing them!

Jenny said...

Love your fairy moon days post... and yes I am a fairy believer too... I'm quite sure they're smiling with me as I type these words... and having days filled with wonder and delight... always... magical and beautiful...

Have a wonderful day...
I am sure it is filled with those things too...
Hugs
Jenny x

Gina said...

Image and quote...Magical :D XXX

elettrarossa said...

Faerie world is so secretive...I love to discover its magic language through your posts!

ArtSings1946 said...

Thanks a bunch Gina and Elettrarossa, glad to see other Fairy Fans ... you should see my house !!

Love Always

Victoria said...

What a cool post! I didn't know there were Faerie Moons. I really like the quote, too.

Love and Blessings to you!

Victoria

ArtSings1946 said...

Thanks Victoria ... how much we have lost due to intolerance and the burning times ... but, I do believe somewhere in our race memory we can find all that was lost and all that we are.

Love and Light Always !

Leanne said...

the poor fairy fol in our home get blamed for soo many things especially when we loose the car keys.
Love leanne

ArtSings1946 said...

I wouldn't be surprise ... there are a tribe of troublesome fairies ... but just to keep us on our toes.

I know that the fae folk really love you and your family by the way you live your lives.

Love always !

Magic Love Crow said...

Very beautiful and magical ;o)

ArtSings1946 said...

Thanks Victoria. Well, for me, which is no surprise, everything can be of the Fae Folk. Thanks so much for stopping my and taking the time to comment.

Love and Light !

Anonymous said...

Beautiful insight and that is very in tune with the cycles of the moon, even the symbolism and meanings behind them, always connecting to the omnipresence of life. Thanks for an insightful post as always. xxx

ArtSings1946 said...

Thanks Ana, so happy you liked this post. You made my day.

Peace to all.